never before has a television show been so simultaneously addiciting and frustrating at the same time. we plan our social engagements around it, we spend hours discussing it, and then we spend more hours discussing how seriously annoying and frustrating it is. eagerly disgruntled, with sit hanging on every second, gathering up the details of meredith and derek, izzie and george, referring to them in conversation as if they were our own friends.
every week we yell at the television and occasionally throw things
every week we say how much more outlandish the plotlines have gotten.
every week we vow to not watch the show and be more productive.
but every week, there we are, eagerly waiting for the clock to change from 8:59 to 9:00.
the following are 25 conclusions/exclamations/grievances i had with the season premiere, just to give you a taste of what it's like to be in my living room on thursdays:
1. they give the interns INTERNS!?!?!?! [these people should not be allowed to teach anyone].
2. and, seriously, way to rip off bailey with the 5 reasons. none of you are as hardcore as bailey.
3. yes, the chief did just call callie "george."
4. no, she does not know what happened to burke, and he is "not around" because he got FIRED OFF THE SHOW. [from here to eternity, burke shall be referred to he-who-shall-not-be-named].
5. HIT A DEER!!!!?!!?!?!
6. "we got a guy rising from the dead over here." [oh good god, cheesey dialogue.]
7. well, now that you only have one arm, you will be able to more identify with your arm-less child. [please note, my specialization will soon be ARMLIS, when i finally add the second one].
8. SHOOT THEM IN THE CEREBRAL CORTEX!!!!
9. way to rip off the severed leg plotline from like 2 seasons ago.
10. good god callie, please do not announce the status of your boobs.
11. "uhhhh, we found an arm in the road!!!!?!" [ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!? and how come when they had the severed penis someone had to be with it at all times, but now they can just walk in off the street with an arm?]
12. and seriously, how come addison is gone and we still have to watch sloan.
13. obviously dr. who-will-not-be-named has resigned as he is now on bionic woman.
14. good god, george and izzie stop arguing over who is bambi.
15. what are they going to do with this deer when they get it fixed up? a deer can't remember to come back every week for a check-up. what happens when you shock a deer?
16. OH MY GOOD GOD THE DEER JUST JUMPED UP! DEER!!! WHERE WAS IZZIE WHEN BAMBI'S MOTHER DIED!!??!?!
17. george please, oh please, do NOT sleep with lexie. though finally, atleast one of the grey women has some sense.
18. i wish derek would punch sloan again. ["i came to seattle to get you back." seriously, weren't you professing your love to addison?]
19. why did izzie call her interns duds?
20. ALEX AND CRISTINA, IF YOU SLEEP TOGETHER I AM NEVER WATCHING THIS SHOW AGAIN. SERIOUSLY.
21. why does meredith always get in these situations where people are calling her from each side? [remember meredith/finn/derek at the prom?]
22. “this is it”?!?!?! THIS IS NOT IT!! THIS WILL NEVER BE IT! this is GREY’S anatomy and there will always be ANOTHER chance to reunite. especially when you make out like that after you have broken up. and then have sex.
23. plus, if you break up, we won’t be able to use that cool new moniker of “merder.”
23. george and izzie!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 OH MY GOOD GAWD! george, atleast if you love izzie, STOP TRYING TO GET CALLIE PREGNANT.
24. bailey could so kick callie's ass if they had to fight for chief resident.